Sunday, November 05, 2006

Have a Break

Stop learning all those architecture / brain diseases / economic models / chemical reaction / thermodynamic equations / differential equations / Canon law / Bayesian law / Heaviside function.

There's something more useful than all of the above: how to steal a password from a noob.

<Cthon98> hey, if you type in your pw, it will show as stars
<Cthon98> ********* see!
<AzureDiamond> hunter2
<AzureDiamond> doesnt look like stars to me
<Cthon98> <AzureDiamond> *******
<Cthon98> thats what I see
<AzureDiamond> oh, really?
<Cthon98> Absolutely
<AzureDiamond> you can go hunter2 my hunter2-ing hunter2
<AzureDiamond> haha, does that look funny to you?
<Cthon98> lol, yes. See, when YOU type hunter2, it shows to us as *******
<AzureDiamond> thats neat, I didnt know IRC did that
<Cthon98> yep, no matter how many times you type hunter2, it will show to us as *******
<AzureDiamond> awesome!
<AzureDiamond> wait, how do you know my pw?
<Cthon98> er, I just copy pasted YOUR ******'s and it appears to YOU as hunter2 cause its your pw
<AzureDiamond> oh, ok.

From: Bash.org
This is the most useful thing you have learnt in the study week. Good luck for your exams!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting...

But IRC? When was the last time I used it? Long before I used ICQ. When did I ditch ICQ? I can't even remember.

Haha.

ShouFarn said...

Actually, this quote is featured in a site that hosts famous quotes in IRC, the "Hall of Fame" if you will. Though in certain cases Fame and Shame seems almost indistinguishable.

Ladies and gentlemen, i present to you: Bash.org

http://www.bash.org/?top

The quote ChangYang gave is entry #244321. enjoy~

changyang1230 said...

Day-dreamer: Haha, yeah, ICQ is long forgotten already... But I can still remember my ICQ number :P

Shoufarn: I did provide the source in my blog post... it's at the bottom of the joke. :)

ShouFarn said...

oops. darn. i keep missing vital information. paiseh

wei liang said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
wei liang said...

Oh..you reminded me of ICQ. I can't remember which email did I use, needlesss to say the acc no.

Btw, I found the ICQ alert is quite distracting. Just don't like it.