Saturday, July 02, 2005

Discovery of the Year

Today I had the biggest discovery of my life: I have found the real culprit to all my unknown allergies! You know, those red rashes all over my body after taking a shower, the itchy scalp while eating spicy stuff / after eating too much junk food or instant noodles / smelling something spicy / unknown reason. I have been so troubled all the while, sometimes I wish I could scratch my whole head off when it happens.


And today, I went to Melbourne Chinatown to savour a dish of pork chop rice in the famous soup noodle restaurant. It was absolutely delicious, better than all the pork I have been cooking myself in 4 months, and sure enough I ate to the utmost satisfaction of my stomach. And wonderfully, I didn't have any allergic reaction while I was eating it... then that stupid thing struck: a few moments later, I started feeling that the T-shirt I am wearing is a bit prickly somewhere, over my abdomen, my chest and my legs. Wah wah wahh... unbearable, truly I hate it when it comes...


Then, there it comes the light bulb, the stroke of genius: It's the MSG !! All this while I have been relating the itchy scalp to MSG, as the symptoms always coincided with the time I consume Indo-mee most intensely. However, never has it dawned upon me that it's also related to the red rashes and my random prickly feelings. Now I know it's MSG, or otherwise known as E631 in most Australian packaging...


I guess I have to seriously consider avoiding MSG in my daily diets. Doritos, Smiths Chip, daily cooking, eating out... and especially Indo-mee... how could I live well? Should I live on with the allergies or should I choose to live more healthily at the expense of good food? Arrgghh.... I hate you MSG!!


Anyway, two hours ago, I just had two packets of Indo-mee.

3 comments:

Alvin Ooi said...

Indo mee nice meh? Recommend la. U shud try Nissin lksa flavour.

changyang1230 said...

Haha...that's why I annonated that it's the second best noodle instant noodle in town. :P

day-dreamer said...

wah... keep on eating Indo Mee, by the time you are officially a doctor, you might be a bald one... hehe!