Sunday, October 30, 2005

The Best Time to Fall Sick

... is definitely not 9 days before the final exam.

Aarrgghh!! Joanne, must be due to your "damning", I am sick! It all started on Friday night... Less than 12 hours after my kind tagging of 7 people in my previous post, I started feeling something wrong in me. I went to the not-so-interesting Mamak Night with Xuan Ni, Ka Lip, Chong Chyn, Mag, Tim, and Ka Lip. Upon reaching home at 11 pm, my body has finally given up its war with the virus - I am feeling cold all over.

Shit shit shit, kena high fever!! I can assure you that this is not the best thing you could ask for when you have only 9 days left to cover 10 weeks of stuff for your exam. I almost started panicking when I started feeling unwell. But luckily, thanks to the best care in the world and the best porridge I have had in Melbourne, I am feeling much better now. Dear, you are really the best... I know it must have been really exhausting to take care of this little boy, and you know, I am really touched by your efforts. I promise that I will take care of myself better and be healthier, so that you don't have to worry too much about me. (Writing this blog is exempted, okay? :P)

By the way, sikui, the daylight saving time is on again. That means, effective 30 October 2005, I am robbed of one hour study time again, due to the time-zone adjustment from GMT +10 to GMT +11. In other words, now I am 3 hours ahead of Malaysian time zone, just like how it was like when I first came to Melbourne. Hmm...

Before I leave, I would just share something I have been reading for the past hour. The latest THES 2005 Ranking of World’s Top 200 Universities was just announced recently, and I don't know whether to feel good or bad about it. The University of Malaya, the university which was once my dream institution has slipped from 89th place to 169th place, and USM is now no more seen in the top 200 list. On the other hand, the University of Melbourne is placed at 19th place in overall ranking, and is rated at the 10th for Biomedicine universities worldwide. Yes, I am damn proud with my university now, as now I know that the course I am in is top-notch in the world, giving me more confidence about the course despite all the sleep-inducing lectures I have throughout the year. It also give me some kind of impetus to strive harder for my coming exam, you know, hey, if you could do well in the 10th place university in the world, you must be quite good also right? :P

But Malaysia... I feel sad for you. I really hope that we can all wake up from the protectionist policy, blaming the west as "anti-Malaysia" or "jealous towards our rapid development" whenever people say that we are not as good as we have chosen to believe. Reading the two articles I linked above made me rethink of our position right now. If we don't do something and the country is again resting on its laurel, I fear for our future generation.

9 comments:

Eric said...

Get well soon!

Anonymous said...

haha.. i found out sumthing geeky abt ur blog: tht u can actually track hw many times tht i've visited ur blog.. haha.. then u shd know tht i also read ur blog ah, then summore alwiz pretend u dunno, come n accuse me for not visiting ur blog.. aih:S:S n ur visitor counter will "cheat" u a bit leh.. cz it doesnt take into account multiple visits fr the same user, does it?? dun get "cheated" by it ;) /tongue... haha, by the way, i think amongst visitor 7878 n 789+ will have quite a few repeated ones, cz i have jz spent the last few mins closing the page n opening it again, jz to see hw ur counter works.. n it's hehe, not v instant.. hw long does it take to update it leh??

haha... readers, dun get urself too worked up over the fate of poor little youngyew.. cz he sorta brought it upon himself.. mamak night when he already had sore throat n headache.. n wat we ate there: roti canai, satay n nasi lemak {w apparently v. spicy sambal, tht i tot was normal}.. then sat fever.. within 24 hrs of getting fever, forgot wat it felt like to be sick (thanx to the panadol tht mz have worked too well for his good) n ate ice-cream... choc ice-cream, + potato chips.. *shakes* NW u know...

But I guess it's okay to be sick, since a little mince meat, mixed vegetable n dried-up rice-like porridge is enough to make u feel better :) Guess u could save much more money if u were sick... (err.. touch wood touch wood.. forgot tht u din have the cook w u all e time..):P

Finally, hope tht the honey(s) tht u've gotten for urself will relieve ur sore throat and make u feel better :)

Joanne said...

Ahhhhh yuan wang (in mandarin)!! I never meant for something bad to happen to you!! Get well soon yeah.

nh said...

Anonymous: Hah, there sure are many reasons to visit Chang Yang's blog a few times a day. I do that all the time, especially when I want to check out my other friends' blogs and am too lazy to type the URL. And it's not that I can finish checking all the blogs in one go.

Chang Yang: Sorry for "memperalatkan" your blog...

Anonymous said...

Yeah, get well soon!!!!
But I think you feel good this time, don't you? Haha, since someone is taking good care of you when you are sick ;)
And good luck in you upcoming finals!!!

day-dreamer said...

sophisticatedsoul: muahahahaha!! Besides checking out whether he has any new post, another "motive" of me visiting Chang Yang's blog is, like you, to check out other people's blog... ;-)

Chang Yang: sorry ya! Anyway, get well soon! And all the best for the exams. Don't get "overboard" ah... *winks*

Chen said...

All the best to u in your coming final exam. Is this your final year exam or ?

changyang1230 said...

To all of you lovely friends, thanks for your wishes! Now I am 100% again, going to catch up for all the preparation I have left behind.. :(

"anonymous": Eih, don't lar reveal all my secrets in front of everyone, I :$ one ouhh. And the ice cream actually did me good, it helped me to cool down.. /tongue

Chen: Are you day-dreamer's friend Dr. Chen? Hello, and welcome to my blog! No, I am not as old as you might think. I am just a first year medical student! Hope to learn from you in the future. :)

Anonymous said...

ohh.. u went for mamak nite too. aha good luck in ur exams! :)