Wednesday, October 26, 2005

The Joy of Blogging

A blog can be anonymous or well-known. It can be world-famous, it can also be unknown to others, only to be discovered by chance.

If I were to evaluate my own blog, I would have to rate it closer to being "unknown", considering the number of readers I have in here. I have been blogging for 2 years to let my friends know of how I am doing, and what I have been up to recently. Other than that, I don't expect the blog to be read by any passerby. After all, I am neither prolific or interesting when it comes to writing. The last post alone took me one and a half hour, if you are interested in just how slow I write my articles.

Having said so, when I receive an email like this, I can't help but to feel gleeful, or rather, an undescribable satisfaction deep inside.

From: XXX
To: changyang1230@yahoo.com
Subject: I weigh more on carpet too!
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 15:48:48 -0500


Thanks for your report on why we weigh more on carpet. I will sleep better knowing I weigh less that 140 pounds.
XXX
Chicago, IL USA

p/s: The name and the email address are removed for privacy consideration.

Apparently, she was writing to me regarding the article I wrote earlier.

Surprise, surprise, surprise. When you do something and receives a reply which was never in your expectation, you derive the genuine joy of having done something useful. Maybe this is what we call, the joy of blogging.

6 comments:

heng Liang said...

yala yala.. action la..

Alvin Ooi said...

yaya yala..bangga la.. shud be on the top of the world now since good things seem to happen to you so often.

Eric said...

Chang Yang is on cloud nine!

RJ said...

haha, it's great that someone else other than your friends is reading your blog!!!
so, must always keep your blog updated! not to be too immersed in the "river of love" until you neglect your blog readers! :p

Jiun Wuu said...

the great thing is to be urself in ur own blog...

day-dreamer said...

Well, they've said it all! So what I can say is: Saya sokong hujah-hujah hl, alvin, eric, ren jie dan jiun wuu. Terutamanya fakta yang dikemukakan oleh saudara ren jie. Memang tepat dan bernas sekali! Sebagai seorang pemimpin yang berkaliber, seseorang itu tidak wajar mengetepikan rakyat jelata demi kepentingan diri sendiri. (Oops! Have I gone too far? Sorry. BM is my second paper, ha ha!)