Thursday, April 27, 2006

Yippee... My Laptop is Back!

Haha, sent in my laptop for repair one week ago and replaced my dead harddisk. It cost me 175 dollars, 135 of which went to the new 60 gig harddisk I bought. But when I brought it home, I couldn't get it to install the operating system with my ACER recovery disk... Damn bengang... bengang bengang bengang.. It is not easy to cycle to and fro the city while lugging the laptop, you know.

So I went back to the same shop again to see what they can do to help me. Apparently they formatted my harddisk with the NTFS format but the recovery disk couldn't recognize it... So the staff in the shop took 5 minutes to reformat the harddisk to FAT32, and voila, I could install my Windows now!

After toiling for the whole night for the set-up of the Windows and all the good ol' softwares, now I get back my laptop which looks just like before! Hehe...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, that's great....haha, hope to chat with you more on MSN when i get back home...
8 more days to reach home!!! yeah!!!
but darn it, screwing all my finals up :( one more to go, and then need to pack in one night's time, then will move out...arghh, all the troubles that i need to go through before can finally go home....

Winson Kang said...

Insya Allah..!! Maka yang tu saya mengkongratulasikan kamu! :)

StanleyYP said...

saudara CY Yew,

dengan sukacitanya saya menyampaikan ucapan tahniah kepada saudara dan komputer saudara yang sembuh.

sekian,
berkhidmat untuk negara

yg ikhlas,
YP Tan

vseehua said...

remember to convert your file system back to ntfs... it's much better than that crappy FAT32...

start->run->cmd-> convert c: -fs:ntfs

you know what the heck the above string means, so u know what to do la... keke...

anyway, take care always...*tata~