Monday, February 05, 2007

A Doctor Who Called the Internet

In a few days' time, my 2-month holidays will be over. As I scrolled through my posts throughout the holidays, I realized that I have had zero posts under the category of "medicine", and the last "medicine" post was about the boring exams. I can't help to notice the stark contrast between my blog and Wee Loon's which is packed with medical info and experience.

Coincidentally I stumbled upon this "tech support" story via See Hua's blog. So hey, I do talk about medicine also, okay? :P

I worked in computer support for a medical staffing company. One day, a doctor called and said that he "wanted to call the Internet." I instantly knew it was going to be one of those kinds of calls. I instructed him to open his browser. "What's a browser?" he asked.

After a brief walk-through, he was ready to go. Then I told him to type in an address.

  • Me: "Type 'http://...'"
  • Him: "It didn't work."
  • Me: "Ok, read me the address you typed."
  • Him: "H-T-T-P-C-O-L-O-N--"
  • Me: "No, no. Colon, on the keyboard."
  • Him: "What?"
  • Me: "Do you know what a colon is?"
  • Him: "Of course I do. I am a doctor."
Fortunately I still know the right colon.

4 comments:

day-dreamer said...

LOL~!

Wonder what the doctor will say when asked to find a semi-colon. :D

vseehua said...

it's always good to laugh at the obvious :p

nh said...

Oh my gosh..this is so funny..

Jiun Wuu said...

...and stupid