Monday, January 28, 2008

An Untimely Demise

She's very much like you and I. She was young, intelligent, all-rounded and vibrant. She was a ReCom member. She was doing first year medicine in University of New South Wales under JPA. She wanted to be an orthopedic surgeon.

She wrote a blog. She loved cooking and photography. She was anticipating to see her boyfriend in KL on the fateful bus.

I may not know her, but I feel for the loss. I am sure you do too. My condolences to the family and friends of Nian Ning, the 21-year-old girl who had her dream curtailed in an untimely demise. Let us mourn for the loss of this girl, and make sure that such a tragedy never happens again. Let's make the Ministry of Transport curb the increasing number of bus accidents. Some accidents are never meant to happen in the first place.

It requires twenty years for a man to rise from the vegetable state in which he is within his mother's womb, and from the pure animal state which is the lot of his early childhood, to the state when the maturity of reason begins to appear. It has required thirty centuries to learn a little about his structure. It would need eternity to learn something about his soul. It takes an instant to kill him. [Voltaire]
Image Source: Nian Ning's blog

6 comments:

day-dreamer said...

Sad.

My condolences to her parents.

We are short of yet another talent.

=x

vseehua said...

Yet another one perished due to negligence of the bus companies

My condolence to her family, may she have a place in heaven.

As for the bus driver, it's jail to him for life and nothing less...

seehua

Anonymous said...

Out of curiosity... is there a reason why there doesn't seem to be much mention of the other two victims?

changyang1230 said...

I guess it's what Jian Wey said - she has a more prominent online presence.

Anonymous said...

Even so...

The Star online published an article specifically on her but not the others. Don't know how that might be related to an 'online presence'

*shrugs*

KC said...

Interestingly, I think I saw her a few times in the uni (walking with a group of guys, chatting). That was like months before my friend told me she passed away...