Friday, March 23, 2007

Great Comment Tracking Tool

Have you ever commented on someone's blog, only to forget about your comments entirely? Have you been involved in an "intellectual debate" in someone's blog, and you always wanted to be notified when your counterpart writes a reply?

I have always been troubled by the fact that I need to manually go back to a blog to follow up on comments. And when I comment on a few blogs, in the next few days you will see me visiting the same blogs over and over again. All that is very confusing, and even if you bother to follow up for a few days, you wouldn't be able to follow up forever. And if someone adds a comment three months later, you will never know.

A few months ago, I decided to look for a solution - and I got it. There are actually websites out there which help you track blog comments, and more. The most famous ones are co.mments, commentful and cocomment. After trying all three of them for some time, I decided that co.mments suits me best.

So how do you use those websites?
It's very easy. Taking co.mments as an example..

  1. First of all you need to sign up for an account.
  2. Next, get a "bookmark button" where you can keep in your bookmark list.
  3. Whenever you want to keep track of comments in a particular post, just go to that blog post and click on that bookmark button.
And how do you know when there are new comments in the posts you are tracking? You can either:
  1. Check it out at co.mments website.
  2. Or easier still, use RSS to track it! You can use the inbuilt RSS reader in Firefox / IE7 / Opera, or website RSS readers like Google Reader / Bloglines etc.



So yea, if you are a nerd like me, co.mments is your best friend. Try it out. :)

4 comments:

RJ said...

I saw my blog. :p

KC said...

As for your question,actually it doesn't matter, I knew it two months ago, in my dream. Quite shocking rite? I saw myself, at 41, being hit by a giant trunk n die...reason: unknown.

I guess U might say this is all just a dream...I hope it's not true too.

nh said...

You always come up with cool stuff to share. That's one of the many reasons I like visiting your blog. Just feel like I would miss out on a lot of things not checking out your blog...hah...(flattered?)

changyang1230 said...

Ren Jie: I saw my blog. Haha...

Sophisticatedsoul: Haha yeah I am really flattered. I always like to visit your blog too, you always have lots of interesting experience to share. :)