Sunday, March 23, 2008

Windows Live Writer

I have always disliked Microsoft on principle. Apart from its Office suite and the relatively stable Windows XP, I think that most things that come from Microsoft are pretty much inferior to its alternatives. In particular, Microsoft Internet Explorer (especially the 6.0 version) tops the list of my most undesirable software.

But today I am going to highly recommend this Microsoft product: Windows Live Writer.

It's basically a blog application. It works on most blog providers, including Windows Live Spaces, Blogger, Wordpress and MovableType. It also works on blogs hosted on your own servers.

There are so many cool features in this application, it will be a hurdle for me to list it out while expressing my excitement at the same time.

In fact, heed me just once: If you have a blog, download the software here, install it, then type your blog address and password. You will be surprised by the first thing you see after that. More surprises will come when you start exploring its features.

Well done Microsoft Live Writer team. This software deserves lots of coverage. Oh ya, it's FREE.

(Needless to say, this post is typed in Windows Live Writer.)

7 comments:

hhhcce said...

Indeed. I started using it for like two months ago and have been using it since then. Very useful Microsoft product.

Andrew Chan said...

i liked it too...but too bad it's not available in Mac version. *sigh*

Eric said...

Exactly... A Mac version of this would be great!

changyang1230 said...

Haha yeah what a shame. But I would have loved to have some of the cool Mac apps on Windows too! :D

Ashley said...

Downloaded it due to your recommendations and I quite like it. :D

Celest said...

Ditto!!!!

changyang1230 said...

Haha glad to see so many people like my recommendation. :P But to be honest, I haven't used it much in my subsequent posts because the blogger web interface suffices for my purposes. I think I will use it only when I need to do lots of fancier stuff like adding drop shadows on the pictures etc. :P